Saturday, December 15, 2007

Kittens Have a New Home

Kittens Images

Hi, to who ever is reading this?

I sure hope you’re having a wonderful day or night wherever you may be.
Well as you may have read from my previous writing “Kittens Galore” we found some kittens in my carport of the back yard.

I was doing some research on the internet for kitten information and I came across a website for classifieds, I found an advertisement from a lady that takes kittens in and helps them to find new homes, so the 3 largest kittens went with her.

Before the lady came to pick up the 3 kittens I took some photos, I even recorded them purring away as they sat and cuddled on my chest, they nuzzled my cheek and nose with so much affection it brought tears to my eyes and heart knowing I won’t see them again and I was hoping they will be ok.

I spoke to Mitchell about keeping 2 of the kittens as he said he wanted to keep one, and from doing some research as to exactly what is involved in the caring of cats, I talked to him about the responsibility etc.

I asked Mitchell if I die is he going to take care of them as they may out live me, both Mitchell and his girlfriend Tanya said they would and I am sure they may change their mind so I will look for alternatives as for the care of the cats to be, if Mitchell and Tanya decide not to take them.

Mitchell and I decided to keep the two smallest ones which by the way are females, he named his one Lucy and me I can’t think of a name as yet, so in the end all the kittens have a home and now they won’t be put to sleep and the ones we keep they are definitely being desexed.

Our animal services put kittens to sleep if there under 4 weeks of age as apparently they get sick.

Well I guessed I proved them wrong because the vet told me the kittens would have been 4 weeks and under when I found them.

And he said they are in good condition, their eating, playing, sleeping, and gaining weight, I even managed to toilet train them, most of all they have a nice warm home with lots of loving care.

Mitchell and I are weighing all of them today Wednesday the 8th of August 2007, he noticed the little one he picked out is not so skinny and you can’t feel its ribs, so I guess that’s a good thing, he said its got a belly now LOL.

I put different coloured nail polish on their tails so I can identify them.
Blue 360grams
Gold 400grams
Pink 520grams
Purple 500 grams

Sunday 12th August 2007 we weighed the kittens once again
Blue 400 grams
Gold 460 grams
Pink 580 grams
Purple 520 grams
Last Kitten 640 grams

I took the kittens to the vet for a check over today and they got weighed again,
Blue (Lucy) 440 grams
Gold 500 grams.

We took some photos after we weighed them, when I get them developed I will add them here too.

Kitten Images over there ->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>



Changing LINKS